A suicide bombing Wednesday at a crowded market in northern Afghanistan killed 19 people and left at least 28 others injured, officials said.

The powerful explosion in Faryab province’s Almar district also left 38 people injured, acting provincial governor Abdul Satar Barez said.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the attack in Kabul, but suspicion was put on the Taliban group, according to CNN.

At least 10 civilians have been killed and scores of others wounded in bombing attack at a market in Afghanistan’s north, police say. The offensive removed Taliban from power, but insecurity still remains in several areas across the country.

Afghan security forces, stretched on multiple fronts and facing record casualties, are struggling to rein in the militants even as the government makes repeated efforts to jump-start peace negotiations.

The United Nations Mission in Afghanistan condemned the attack, saying it showed insurgents’ “appalling disregard for human life”.

The crucial post has not been filled since Ghani came to power last September.

The first face-to-face talks between a delegation of the Afghan government and Taliban representatives took place in Pakistan earlier this month and both sides agreed to hold a second round of talks by the end of this month. In 2014, more than ten thousand people were killed or wounded in militant attacks in Afghanistan.